A Brief History
In the early 19th century, industrious settlers were attracted to the rich soil and available water supply provided by the Sandy & Beaver Creeks. These pioneers settled in Lisbon, now the seat of Columbiana County, where both farming and related industries began to prosper. A group of farmers associated with the local grange decided to join together and provide insurance against catastrophic events, and in 1879 Sandy & Beaver Valley Farmers Mutual Insurance Company was formed. In continuous operation since that date, the company has provided a broad range of farm insurance, and has expanded into other areas of risk coverage.
Sandy & Beaver Insurance Co. is dedicated to providing insurance products that provide quality protection at a fair price by continually monitoring the Company’s portfolio of products to meet the ever-changing needs of its customers as they plan for the future and at the same time maintaining profitable growth and providing challenging opportunities for employees while stressing unquestioned business ethics and integrity. Success will be measured by clients choosing the Company because of their belief in the Company’s ability to meet or exceed their expectations of price, service and expertise.
Our vision is to deliver insurance solutions that fulfill today’s needs and tomorrow’s dreams to be a trusted partner delivering long term value to our customers, agents, employees and members.
Customer Focused Goals:
- To ensure the total satisfaction of the Company’s primary customers (clients) and secondary customers (agents) and achieve growth in premium through efficient and effective delivery of products and services.
- To strive constantly to reduce our costs in order to deliver competitive, high quality insurance protection and related services at reasonable prices.
- To anticipate customers’ needs and to respond in a timely manner with appropriate programs, products and services within our sphere of competence.
- To research and experiment with the new ideas to encourage innovation in existing or new products and services.
- To strive to achieve responsive and lasting customer relationships.
- To maintain excellent financial strength, and to honor all just claims fairly and courteously.